Thursday, July 5, 2012

Our trip to Chattanooga!

My mom had a conference in Chattanooga, TN the week of June 18th. She was so sweet and invited Damon and me to go with her. This was exactly what we needed! We left that Monday and returned that Thursday. It was a very fun and relaxing trip. I went to Chattanooga when I was in elementary school, but my memories are extremely vague from that trip. This trip was like seeing it all for the first time.

Here are a bunch of pictures from our trip (39 to be exact); however, it is only about 30% of the ones I took! You may not be interested in them, but they are memories I want to keep. When I have this blog printed at the end of the year, I will be so happy I have these pictures to remember this fun trip! I was 28 weeks pregnant on this trip.

This is where we ate our first night- Public House. It was excellent!

Lookout Mountain:




Me, my Mama, and "Rocky" at Rock City!

More from Rock City:



"Fat Man's Squeeze"- Calum and I made it through just fine!

My mother was leaning away, thinking Damon wouldn't get her in this picture. She hates pictures! But, she was there too and we had to get her in a couple photos.





We went to Ruby Falls on Wednesday. Mama didn't go- she doesn't do well with things such as heights or deep underground caverns. I must admit, I was quite nervous going down that elevator. My fears dissipated very quickly though. It was so beautiful down there.


Look at all the stalactites hanging over us:


Do you see the turtle "climbing" up the rock (to the right of the sign)?


I love this picture! Just me and my man, Calum, checking out the cave:

Daddy Damon was with us too, of course!

After half a mile walk, we finally made it to the Falls! So beautiful! 1,120 ft below the surface!




This was an underground pool. Very pretty.

Back above ground:



I had to take this picture of Damon and the cow. For those of you who don't know, Damon spent many years working on a dairy farm. This cow was representing Mayfield Icecream though.

The last night we were in Tennessee, Damon and I went on a Riverboat dinner cruise. It was so relaxing and very enjoyable!


Some of the sights from our cruise:



This was from the morning we went home. We were walking around and found this dog statue. Of course we had to take pictures! Who doesn't take pictures with random dog statues?!?!


Such a fun trip!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment