Thursday, July 5, 2012

Baby

I had a baby appointment on the 25th of June. I had gained another 7 pounds! I was disappointed, but it is better than the 11 pounds I gained at the last visit. I have now gained a total of 25 pounds. I still feel great and I don't feel like I look huge by any means, so I am not going to worry. Calum seems fine and I seem fine, so all is well!

I had my glucose test at this appointment, to check for gestational diabetes. I was worried that it would be horrible, but I thought it was a breeze! I drank the orange flavored concoction. I wasn't given a choice. It wasn't bad at all- not thick like I was expecting. It kinda tasted like a melted popsicle. I felt sure I would fail the test and have to come back for the three hour test. My nurse felt I would fail too-due to my weight gain. After I drank it, I went out to the waiting room for the next hour. At first I felt a little tingly, but that went away. By the time she called me back I was a bit nauseated, but that passed as well. My blood sugar was 102! It had to be below 135 to pass, so I did very well. The nurse was shocked. I was shocked. Yea!

I got to hear Mr. Calum's heartbeat. It was 156 bpm and he was rolling around, as per usual. She didn't even have to search for him. As soon as that Doppler wand hit my stomach his heartbeat was loud and clear... but then it was gone! He moves so much we have to try a few times before he is still long enough to get a heart rate count from him! He seemed happy and healthy.

My next appointment is July 17th. Only a three week span. My visits are getting closer together! After that appointment we will go to two weeks between appointments and before you know it I will be going every week and then we will meet Calum!

Here I am at 29 weeks (6/24/12):
 

My showers are coming up soon. I have two showers in the middle of July. I can't wait!!! One thing I don't have to worry about is clothing. Of course I will get some, and I never get tired of seeing cute baby clothes I can put my little wiggle worm in, but my friend, Emily, gave me tons of hand-me-down clothing from her two little men. All were worn with love and will continue to be well-loved by the McGough family! What a blessing! Thank you, Emily!

My little man will be so well-dressed:

Here are a few favorites:

I love this onesie! So special!

Calum will be warm and toasty this winter in his Eskimo gear!

He will be so handsome!

Baby shoes are so tiny and sweet!

I love this because it has cute giraffes on it.

We all know who his team will be!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad things are going well with you and Calum!!! What a blessing to have all those clothes!!!

    ReplyDelete