I had to ask my mother what I did for my birthday, because I could not remember that far back. I know- sad! On my birthday, my mom took me, Damon, my brother, and his friend to Jim-N-Nicks BBQ. It was really good. I DO remember being sickeningly full after we ate. Is that a word?
My mom also, among other gifts, gave me the sweetest gift. She gave me a Willow Tree figurine. It was my first. I have always wanted one.
This is "Cherish", the expectant mother:
My friend, Erin got me some cute gifts as well, but what I must share is what she bought for Mr. Calum.
Too cute! It has a squishy fishing pole and fish inside. I know my little man will definitely be a little fisherman, like his Daddy.
Damon gave me money for my birthday, because I was in dire need of more maternity clothing. He chose not to pick the clothing out himself (wise man), so I got to do some shopping! One thing I bought that I am so happy to have is a maternity swimsuit. I love it! It fits so well and I feel cute in it! I have worn it several times already. I have been grateful to have proper swimming attire in this stifling Alabama heat!
Damon also bought items to make me a cake, but... he never did. He had planned to bake the cake for me, but we were showing our house the next day and he said he didn't want to dirty up the kitchen after I had spent the day cleaning. It was actually rather thoughtful. Although I know he can clean up behind himself, it saved me a bit of stress regardless.
Here is what I got the morning of my birthday (Lol!):
Here I am on my birthday. I am 25 weeks pregnant, but you can't really see my tummy.
It really was a nice, relaxed birthday. I didn't want to do very much this year, because I felt like we had so much going on. It is TRUE that I actually forgot my anniversary this year (5 years)! I didn't remember until my mother mentioned it to me! I guess I do have a touch of pregnancy brain!
No comments:
Post a Comment