Calum had his two month check-up today (11/13/12). I was very anxious about this appointment because I knew he would have to have immunizations.
Calum weighed 13lbs3oz and measured 24inches long. His pediatrician said that put him around the 75th percentile for weight and the 90th percentile for height. This time he did not get upset when measured.
Calum actually did very well for his shots too. He got three, but the immunizations totaled eight. Several are combined so he doesn’t have to get so many shots. I’m glad because three was enough. Calum only screamed for about 15 seconds, then he just whimpered a little and was smiling by the time we got his clothes on and were leaving. He did very well! I got teary-eyed. Damon told me I should have waited in the car. I couldn’t have done that! I needed to be there for my baby. Actually Calum ended up comforting my feelings more than I comforted his, I am sure. He was such a big boy and I was an emotional wreck!
Calum slept off and on for the rest of the day. We didn’t have to give him any Tylenol. I wanted to avoid giving him medicine if at all possible. He never got a fever from the shots and he didn’t get fussy either.
I hope when he goes back in January, for his 4 month immunizations, that visit goes just as well!
Ready to go!
And here he is, my naked boy, “flying” with Daddy, while he waits for the doctor.
No comments:
Post a Comment