Calum’s first day of daycare was November 27th. He went partial days on the 27th, 28th, and 29th. We had a three-day-weekend together then Monday, December 3rd, was full time daycare and work for both of us.
Damon and I took his diapers, wipes, etc. to daycare on the 26th, so I wouldn’t have to take it all the next morning. I cried just doing that. Daycare was a dread in the back of my mind for weeks. The morning of the 27th I was a mess. I tried so hard to not cry, but it was an impossible feat. I cried when leaving him and then I pulled it together, but right before I got to work, I caught a glimpse of his empty carseat in the rearview mirror and I lost it again. I just want to spend every moment possible with my little man!
I have grown to like and trust his two main daycare teachers, and they will send me pictures and keep me updated, but I would still rather be with him. Of course!
Here is a pic from his first day at daycare. I wish his teacher would have known better what his personality is, because this picture just made me sad and want to leave work to go pick him up. He looks so bored.
Day two provided a much better picture!
Here is one more that I was sent another day. He was sleeping and his teacher commented about his hand sticking out of his swaddle. Calum works very hard to get his hands out so he can suck on them.
I cherish our evenings and weekends together! I am so glad I chose a career where I can spend extended breaks with him. I can’t wait until Christmas break!
No comments:
Post a Comment