Calum is already two months old (11/10/12)! Time is flying and the thought of going back to work is excruciating. I wish I could be a stay-at-home mom and spend all my days with him, but that is just not a reality for us. So, instead I am enjoying every minute I have with him.
Calum is sleeping for a 7 hour stretch each night. He is a really good sleeper. When I put him down for naps he never cries. Often he will lie there and just look around until he falls asleep. He thrives on a schedule, and although it varies often, due to visits, errands, and other reasons, he does really well.
He has finally developed a love for his swing. He really enjoys it. He still loves his bouncy seat and has developed a liking for his other play seats as well.
Calum still loves to be swaddled when he sleeps. I think he definitely sleeps better that way. Sometimes he will sleep all night with his arms swaddled, and sometimes he will wriggle around until he frees them. He loves to suck on his fists. You can hear him all the way across the house when he really gets after them. I hope he outgrows this before he gets coordinated enough for individual fingers or a thumb. I don’t want him to develop that habit, but I can tell by him just sucking his fists, that it isn’t so easy to prevent.
He is now wearing 6 month sleepers, due to his length. He doesn’t fill them out in the tummy area, but he definitely needs the length.
He still gets the hiccups every day, multiple times a day.
Calum has discovered his voice. I thought it was so funny that one day he is just giving a few coos here and there and the next he was spouting the news report. It is too funny. He doesn’t always “talk”, but once he gets started he doesn’t stop for a while.
He finally has noticed our dog, Sugar. For so long she would run around and sniff his hands and feet and was always just a part of our everyday activities, but he never noticed her. Just the other day he finally looked at her and followed her with his eyes as she walked around the room. This time, when she sniffed his hand his eyes got big. It was cute.
Calum loves bath time! We give him baths in our master bathroom, which has large mirrors over the vanity areas. Calum loves to stare in the mirrors and will look at our reflections instead of turning his head to look at us. When water is splashed on the mirror, he often stares as the water slides down. He really is cute and makes the cutest faces during bath time.
Calum is still being bottle fed breastmilk. He is up to 150ml, about 5 ounces. I am freezing my extra milk in our deep freezer and we have tons! I am so glad that even after I go back to work and stop pumping he will still have milk for a while before we have to switch to formula.
Calum’s two month well-baby appointment is November 13th. He will get several immunizations, which will probably cause his mommy to be very sad. I am excited to see what his measurements and weight are, though!
Here is a picture comparing his size at one month (left) and at two (right).
Here are two more pictures of my little guy on his two month birthday:
No comments:
Post a Comment