Monday, April 30, 2012

Just in Case You Want to Hear More About Baby!

Changes:

It has now been a week since my last appointment, but I feel like my body has changed a lot in just this short amount of time. I feel like I have grown a lot in just a few days. Also, I am starting to feel him more when he moves. Usually they are movements only I can feel, but sometimes they are really strong movements and my tummy will move- almost like an isolated hiccup. This has only happened twice, but it is really neat. Damon saw it the first time, but the second was just earlier this evening when Damon was at his volunteer fireman's meeting. It is exciting to feel him move!

Another thing that has occurred is my feet were swollen for the first time on Friday. This happened at work. I went home, put them up for about an hour, and they went down, but later that night they did it again. I haven't noticed it again the past couple days, so maybe it was an isolated event. I hope it won't be a daily occurrence- at least not this early on.

My heartburn has taken on a different pattern. I didn't have it for almost a week, but then I had a horrible episode. I have it again now. I guess instead of mild cases every day I will now have it to a worse degree, but not daily. I don't mind a little heartburn though. It is nothing compared to the early nausea symptoms I was blessed to avoid.

I have noticed a change in my sleeping patterns too. It seems that 2:15 is my wide awake time. I have been waking up at that time fairly often and I will be wide awake, unable to go back to sleep- anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours! I guess my body is getting me ready, early on, for those late night feedings. It amazes me what your body is created to do and how it helps you adapt.

Shopping:

I avoided all things baby for the first half of my pregnancy. I didn't want to buy things or look at things until I knew the gender of my baby. As predicted, I now have to look at baby stuff every time I go into a store. I have already purchased a few outfits- not too many. Here are two of the five:
 

The other night, Damon and I went to Target. When we went to check out he realized I had thrown a set of pacifiers into the buggy. You should have heard the scolding I got in the Target checkout line! Apparently I am not supposed to buy baby things because that is what showers are for! The pacifiers stayed behind with the gum and tic-tacs. Hmmm...

I told that story to a couple of my friends, including Danielle. Well, apparently that is also what friends are for because this morning, when I got to work, I found this on my desk:
So sweet!!! Thanks, Danielle!

No comments:

Post a Comment