Monday, April 30, 2012

It's a BOY!!!

I know this post is a week overdue, but just to recap... We are having a BOY!

Damon and I went Monday, April 23rd to find out what we were having. This was our second ultrasound. Our first was at 10 weeks. After waiting 10 more weeks, we finally got to see our baby again when I was 20weeks, 1 day.

The night before, I hardly slept. I was so excited! I had five dreams that night about finding out our baby's gender. Three times it was a girl and twice it was a boy. Although I had dreams about each, I still went into that ultrasound 99% sure we were having a little girl. HA!

When I got there we went straight back. Tammy weighed me and I had gained 5 1/2 pounds! That means I have gained 7 pounds so far in this pregnancy. After she checked my weight and blood pressure, we were taken to our room. Last time we waited over an hour for our ultrasound. This time, we waited less than 5 minutes. When Dr. Bolton came in my heart started beating out of my chest. I was so excited to get to see our baby again and to finally know if our munchkin was a girl or boy.

Dr. Bolton's office does not make ultrasound DVDs, so Damon used our camera to record the ultrasound session. All of the pictures I am going to post here are still pictures I got from our video. I know it sounds crazy, but the stills she gave us weren't very good, so I had to improvise and make the most of what I had.

When she began the ultrasound, there was that awkward moment where you aren't allowed to look at the screen. She just wants to make sure all is well before you get to see. Thank goodness that moment was brief. She turned the screen toward me and I got to see our little wiggle worm. The baby was moving and everything looked well. The heartrate was 153bpm- just 1 bpm slower than last time.

This ultrasound was the anatomy scan, so Dr. Bolton spent a lot of time looking at the baby and measuring to make sure everything was developing well. She never said she was going to check the gender, she just moved the wand until she got the view she was looking for. Well, after a second I realized what we were looking at and I could clearly see that we were having a baby boy! Although I knew the gender, I couldn't bring myself to say a word. I had to wait for her to tell me herself. I was shocked by this unexpected surprise. No baby girl for us! We are having a beautiful, healthy, BOY!

Here are his boy parts. He has his legs curled, so the length of his legs you are seeing is just to his knees. You can see his feet a little- up under his bottom.

Here he is on his tummy. From right to left, you can see the curve of his spine, his little bottom, and his legs curled up behind him.

Here are his legs, although you can only see the front one in this picture. I will predict that he is going to have long legs just like his mommy and daddy. Damon and I were both 21 inches long- and I was early- so I anticipate his length will be no shorter than that.

Here is his precious face! If you look closely you can see his eyes and his little nose- maybe even his lips.

Baby Boy McGough looked really healthy and all was developing well- according to my doctor. He was very active, just like he was in his first ultrasound. He is definitely our little "wiggle worm" and I think we may likely have a rambunctious little boy on our hands. He was measuring for 20weeks, 3 days; therefore, he is only two days ahead of the projected due date. He weighs 12 ounces.

The lesson I learned from this appointment was to never believe a wives' tale again! It was a shock when we found out our baby was not the gender we were expecting, but it made the experience and memory all the more fun! There is nothing like a truly unexpected surprise! We thought we were having a girl, but God always knows exactly what we need and this little boy is the miracle he chose to bless us with!

We are so excited about our baby boy! We do not have a name yet, but we are working hard to find the perfect one.

No comments:

Post a Comment