Saturday, April 14, 2012

Lots of House Pictures

Our house is continuing to grow- much like our baby!

My mom and I went back to look at the house on the 7th, expecting big changes, since it had been an entire work week, but I was disappointed to see very little change. Here is the front: 

Here is the back:

Not only was I a little bummed at the lack of noticeable progress, but I also managed to lock us out of my car!!! Here I am, on my mom's cell phone (mine was in the locked car), calling roadside assistance to come get us back into my vehicle.

Damon went to the house on Wednesday, April 11th, to work. He took a picture so I could see what had been done. It was a big difference which made me very excited to see it in person. The roof makes it really look like our house!

 I went back just two days later and this is what I found!!! (April 13, 2012)

Back: They even had placed a roll of the tar paper- or whatever that stuff is that goes down before shingles.

 Right side:

It was so much fun to be able to walk through the house and really be able to sense what it will be like when finished. You can walk through all the rooms and, now that the roof is on, you can really sense the dimensions of the spaces.

Here is a view from the front door. Our living space is very open. The foyer, kitchen, dining, and great room are all open floorplan. Here you can see the kitchen to the left and the dining on the right. It is hard to make out because not all the exterior walls are closed in and some of the window spaces are covered instead of left open.

Here is a portion of the great room. I love our vaulted ceilings! The wall you are looking at is going to be beautiful when finished. The fireplace will be in the middle, with built-in bookshelves on each side, and above the fireplace/mantle/TV, in the vaulted part of the wall, will be gorgeous windows!

Here is part of the master bedroom. It too has a vaulted ceiling.

Well, that is all for house pictures, but...
ONLY 8 MORE DAYS til we have more BABY pictures!!!! Can you stand the excitement?!?!? 

1 comment: