I am so excited to reach 8 weeks in my pregnancy! I know there isn't anything special about 8 weeks, but it just feels like a good benchmark to me. Our ultrasound is a week from Tuesday- so that means this week will creep by.
So far, I can't complain about anything related to this pregnancy- not that I would even if I were miserable. I have wanted this for so very long that if I was constantly sick I still wouldn't complain. I know too many people who are struggling to start or grow their families, so I would never complain for this blessing I have been given, or any of the symptoms that go along with it.
But, I will update you on symptoms anyway. There really isn't much to tell. Last weekend I experienced almost constant nausea. Friday, January 20th, I got sick, for the first (and what has turned out to be the only) time. That Saturday and Sunday was a weekend full of nausea, but no more sickness. That whole weekend baffles me now, because this past week has been completely nausea free. It just seems like a blip on the radar. I keep wondering if it will make a reappearance at a later time.
I helped at a friend's baby shower last weekend. It was such a sweet shower, but it knocked me on my rear by the time it was over. No one there knew I was pregnant, so since that was a nausea-filled weekend, I just prayed I wouldn't get sick. My prayers were answered. It was a good day- and the storms held off until later that night, which was a blessing as well. Her shower was beautiful and her little girl is surely spoiled already, but isn't that how it is supposed to be?
Like I said, the nausea ended that Sunday. This past week has been great. I have been making myself go to the gym. I really never want to go after work, but I am always glad when I do. This weekend I have been sick with a head cold. I consider it a huge blessing, since the flu, stomach virus, and strep throat are running rampant at my school.
Still no news on the house. I am struggling with patience. I just hope I have a home to put my baby in when he/she gets here!
No comments:
Post a Comment