I don't have anything too exciting to share, so I will just give some updates.
First... our house... or what will hopefully become a house. HOPEFULLY! We were supposed to close on our land and construction loan around mid-December, but that didn't occur. Our land was being foreclosed on, so it had to go through bankruptcy court before we could buy it. Waiting for the hard copies of that paperwork is what held us up into January. My first week back at work, after Christmas break, I got a phone call from my builder saying we had another problem. "Of course we do!!!" I wasn't surprised, but quite unhappy. When Damon and I negotiated a price on the land we put it in our name. Well, after two months on having the paperwork in their hands, the bank finally realized the land contract needed to be in our builder's name. This makes sense, but why did it take two months before anyone realized and why weren't we told this when we made the offer??? It's not like we could have made an offer for another person (our builder). This was completely the faults of our realtor and builder. It really irritates me. Now, we are waiting for an addendum to our land contract. Apparently it can take anywhere from days to a month OR MORE. It has currently been two weeks, so hmmm.... It doesn't look good. I would just really like a place to put our baby come September. :-)
Now, baby updates- my favorite kind! I am six weeks and two days. Only three weeks 'til our ultrasound! I developed a new symptom yesterday. It took all day for me to realize it, but my sense of taste has changed... already. I wasn't expecting this change, but after multiple meals that tasted less than scrumptious, I realized something was up. Anyone who knows me knows I love food, and spicy food is a favorite. Yesterday, everything I ate was bland. Even with sauces or hot sauce I was not enjoying my food. I have never smoked, but I have heard that smokers have an altered sense of taste, where their food just doesn't taste as good as if they didn't smoke. What I am experiencing seems to fit that description. The food is not unappealing or nauseating in any way, it just isn't satisfying my taste buds. I think this is very interesting. It continued today as well.
My next symptom is actually Damon's. Hahaha! I know we have all heard of "pregnancy brain", where one is forgetful and scatterbrained. Well, I think my husband has developed "pregnancy brain" as a sympathy symptom, even this early on, and even though I don't have it yet. He has apparently forgotten how to use the microwave! I came home Friday night to a house that smelled like there had been a bonfire set in it. Seriously- it was B-A-D! Damon had caught a potato on fire in the microwave! No joke! Who knew that could happen? Well, it has been four days and the smell is not as intense, but it is still hanging around. Then, just a minute ago, he burned popcorn in the microwave. He said he put it on three minutes and forgot to keep and eye on it. When I asked him why he didn't use the "popcorn" button, he said he didn't know we had one. Yeah. Hmmm... All I can say is if one more thing gets burned in this house, I think my morning sickness will kick in. The smell is quite unpleasant to my nose (which has super powers now).
Aside from that little story, Damon has been great. He is very excited about this pregnancy and I can tell he is being more patient with my retarded-self than usual.
No comments:
Post a Comment