Thursday, August 30, 2012

Baby Showers!

I have had three baby showers since I last updated this blog!
On July 21st I had my second baby shower! My aunt, Brenda, and her daughters hosted this shower for us and it was so sweet and thoughtful. We received wonderful gifts- many things we still really needed.
On August 11th, Damon’s work family gave us a huge shower! He is clearly well-loved by his DCH co-workers. I knew some of the people there, but I didn’t know everyone. It was so nice to meet many of the people Damon works with. They gave us everything from clothes and books to a Nap Nanny, necessity items, and gift cards, to name just a few. Their thoughtfulness and generosity was tremendous!
Here is a picture of the cake from that shower:

On August 17th, my work family, at Buhl Elementary, gave me a shower. I got a couple individual gifts, but as a whole, my school came together and gave us a huge Visa gift card. This was fabulous because it helped us purchase many of the things we still needed for Calum, such as bottles, a crib mattress, etc.
I must admit in awe that after four amazing showers, I hardly had any duplicate items to return! Last week, my mom and I went shopping and purchased all the items Damon and I still needed for Calum. I used our gift cards and after two days of shopping I only spent about $35 dollars out of pocket for many hundreds of dollars worth of products. Damon, Calum, and I have been so incredibly blessed by our family and friends. We are so appreciative.

No comments:

Post a Comment