Let me see... I am not sure I have much to say as far as a baby update, so I will just mention a bunch of random stuff. Try to stay with me on my tangents.
I am finally showing! This is very exciting for me. It seems just in the last week or week and a half that I have noticed a rounder tummy. For some reason, you can tell best when I wear t-shirts. I promise to get a tummy picture up soon. I have been lazy when it comes to taking those. Also, I like for Damon to take my pics. I am not a stand-in-front-of-the-mirror photographer. Of course, because of that, the fact that it is hard to catch me in nice clothes (my lounging/pj wear comes on as soon as I make it through the door in the afternoons), and the fact that Damon has been working a lot lately (he's my photographer), pictures are scarce to say the least.
I still haven't had any real cravings, but the other night I saw something I just had to have. We were out, eating Mexican, and a waiter kept coming by us with margaritas. They looked sooooo good. Lol! I am far from a regular drinker, but I do like a margarita when I eat Mexican food. So, after drooling over them as they continuously passed by, Damon finally stopped our waiter and ordered a virgin margarita for me. Who knew you could make such? Well... you really can't. It was icy and refreshing, but it was basically just a lime slushy. It was definitely missing the tangy flavor that only Tequila can provide.
I took a picture of my non-alcoholic refreshment:
I have started sleeping on my sides now. No more back-sleeping for me. I always thought that this would be an easy pregnancy adjustment, but I was wrong. I have always been a side-sleeper and hardly ever slept on my back. That all changed with this pregnancy. I have loved sleeping on my back! Now, side-sleeping is not what I desire. The first few nights I tossed back and forth, from side to side, all night- about every 45 minutes. I would wake up and feel like my hips should have been bruised- my muscles were so sore. It has gotten better, but I still haven't been sleeping too well. I am still unsure of why that is. Yesterday evening I decided to take a nap on the couch while Damon was at his fireman's meeting. I fell asleep about 6:30. When I awoke I thought, "It must be about 8:00. I need to get a few things done before bedtime." I looked over at the clock in our kitchen and it read 10:01! I guess I needed to catch up on my sleep. I got up, brushed my teeth and went straight to bed. I had no problem going right back to sleep.
Here is a quick list of things to note so far in my pregnancy:
- I love things that are cold- Icees, popsicles, snowcones, drinks with lots of ice, etc.
- I am yet to have any sickness- however brushing my teeth has made me gag fairly often.
- No heartburn yet- this is fabulous since I love spicy food.
- I have had no food aversions.
- We have a definite girl name, but no boy names (I always thought it would be the other way around. Girl names have always been hard for me to pick).
- Picking a daycare has been, and still is, an impossible task- We are on a few waiting lists. Maybe one day I can make a decision.
I love your list :)
ReplyDelete