Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Closing on our Land- FINALLY!

Okay, last post of the evening:

We are finally going to close on our land! We were supposed to close back in December, but we had paperwork hangups. I got a message this morning from our builder and mortgage lender that we are closing tomorrow!!! I am so excited! After tomorrow they will break ground and start preparing our land for our new house! In hopes that this would soon occur, I went out the other day and took some before pictures of our land (okay, actually just the very front edge). It was a fairly gloomy day outside, but I took pictures nontheless.

Here is a section of the front of our property. The entire cul-de-sac is on our land. Although we will have 10 acres, we will be building at the front, near the road. The idea is that in a few months you will see more house and fewer trees than what you see here:


Here is a look back from where our house will be. One day there will be a front porch to sit on and look out from. You can't really see it, but we are at the back of a neighborhood. There are several houses nearby.


Here is a closer view of the area that will be cleared for our home:


Hopefully I will have updated pictures to share soon. I can hardly wait to see what it looks like when there is a dirt foundation, or when the concrete is poured and stud walls go up. This has been a long time coming, so we are very excited.

2012 is going to be a huge year for the McGough household!

No comments:

Post a Comment